Monday, January 5, 2009

Update

It's amazing to me that there is ALREADY good news.  As of yesterday afternoon, Caleb was no longer requiring oxygen.  He was breathing on his own and doing well.  I was able to change him and hold him again.  I finally saw his little eyes too, which was great!  (Both boys are under lights for jaundice, so they wear eye masks most of the time right now.)

Luke is also showing improvement.  He had another lung x-ray yesterday which showed that his lungs are looking better than they were.  He was able to come out of the oxygen bubble that was over his head yesterday and he was also requiring less oxygen for part of they day.  I still haven't gotten to hold him, but I was able to touch him more and even change his diaper yesterday.

These are very exciting improvements, but we also know that things can go up and down for a little while, so please continue to pray that they will make progress and be able to come home soon.  I am going home today, which will be challenging.  I'm very excited to see my kiddos at home (I do miss them!), but it will be hard to leave Luke and Caleb.  I'm hoping to come down once a day until they come home, but it will be tricky to work out all of the scheduling details.  I know they are in good hands (not just the staff here, but ultimately in God's hands) but it is still going to be hard to leave them.

Thank you all for your encouraging words and prayers.  Donny and I have been so blessed by the comments left on the blog and by e-mails from everyone.  I would love to answer them all personally, but that may take some time.  For now, just know that we appreciate you all and thank God for you.

(Also, I will ATTEMPT to post pictures later today.  I'm not very techno savy .)

7 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Praying for you today as you come home...no, it's not easy leaving the buddies behind. But, I know you'll make up for it with all kinds of lovin' when they get home. Rest in God's perfect will. I'll pray that anytime anxiety or guilt over leaving them starts to rear its ugly head that God will remind you of His perfect timing and wisdom in all things, motivated by His amazing love for you!

Love you, friend...Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Donny and Marie, Praying for you!!! Congrats on your new boys!! Know that you are all in our toughts and prayers. By Gods grace you will get throug all of this. God will be with the boys when u are not and always! Love you guys.

Libby said...

MJ, I am praying for much continued peace as you come home today. I would LOVE to come down and watch your kids so you can get down to the hospital. I will give you a call to arrange a day, if that would help out!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Karen Coleman
You and Yours are the Happy in my New Year!
Do you think you could effectively record your longing for their presence and read it when their 3?:)
Michelle Duggar has wisdom for moms in her new book. Chapt. 1 is on their website and some links to other wise moms. Prayers,KC

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie,

Happy Birthday. We are praying for you and the boys to come home soon.
Love ya,
Uncle Pat and Aunt Patti

Tell TJ Uncle Pat said HI

Anonymous said...

Marie, I just discovered your blog! Briana gave me the address. Have been praying for you guys. Like Libby, I'd be willing to come down and watch your kids while you go to the hospital. I'll try to give you a call today. You and your family have been on my heart.

Anonymous said...

aww, we are praying with you all and following the blog, too :)