Monday, January 5, 2009

God in the Details

Looking at the events of the past few days, it can be every tempting to focus on what did NOT go as I would have liked or planned. There sure are quite a few things that would fit into that category. However, I know that is not what God would have me do. Instead, he has been gracious to reveal to me a few details that he orchestrated to bless us and to make things go more smoothly. So, here are a few of the "blessings from above":

1) I went into labor around midnight, which meant NO TRAFFIC on the way to the hospital. Living 30 minutes away and knowing my history of quick labors, this had been and area of concern for us, but God took care of it.
2) Since it was so late, Donny was home, which saved us time. This had been another prayer request of ours and it was answered :)
3) The babies turned just a couple of weeks ago and I was able to deliver them without a c-section. I can't even imagine recovering from surgery right now. It has been a blessing to be able to focus on the boys and to go to see them several times a day without having to worry about my own recovery.
4) I had really hoped to go into labor over a weekend, which I did. My reason for this was twofold: First, so Donny wouldn't have to take as much time off of work (he doesn't have a whole lot of vacation available right now). Since he didn't have to take several days, he should now be able to take time off when the boys come home, which will be great.
The second reason I was hoping for a weekend was because of TJ and school. We have lots of friends and family who will be helping out with rides to and from school, but I knew it would be easier if we didn't have to make arrangements on the spot if I went into labor on a school day. (By the way, thank you Ab and Katrine for helping out with rides this week:)

So, God's timing is perfect. He is caring for us in ways we don't even see yet. I'm sure I will have more details to add to this list as the days go on :)

"But I trust in you. O Lord; I say, 'You are my God. My times are in your hands;' "...
Psalm 31: 14-15a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KC again
What a great example for us all in 2009. Praise Him for what is right. Thank you!!! By the way I love the names of all your children:) REJOICE!