Friday, January 23, 2009

Caleb

We are again battling discouragement.  After 3 days without any heart rate drops, Caleb had a significant one this  morning.  We were really thinking he would be home by Monday, but now he has to go another 5-7 days without one before he could possible come home.  The doctor now thinks it could be my milk causing the problem, so he will only be doing the Alimentum formula for the next couple of days.  If he does this, then he will stick to just formula, which saddens me, but I want to do whatever it takes for him to come home.  If doing only formula doesn't stop the heart rate drops, then they will do a sleep study, which is not comfortable for him.

So, while we are thoroughly enjoying having Luke home with us, we also long to have Caleb home.  Please pray that the doctors can solve the problem soon and then we will find comfort from the Lord as we wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my lips to God's ear everyday I pray for Luke and Caleb's health
to continue to improve, keep your spirit's up. Our God is an Awsome God, He will not leave our prayer's un-answered.
Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying too, Marie.

Unknown said...

We are praying for little Caleb. Ellie keeps asking how the babies are doing, so now I can give her an update. You know God's grace is sufficient and that his mercies are NEW every morning. I pray that you get good news very soon from the doctors.
Katrine

Briana Almengor said...

Lawrence just reminded me that Bella had a sleep study as an infant, too. IT's not super fun for anyone, but God will go before you even in this. And hopefully it's an additional comfort knowing that someone who loves you much has gone through this, too, and understands where you are. We will be praying. Rest as much as you can...your mind as well as your body. I will pray especially for this grace for you.

Briana Almengor said...

LOVE the picture of you and your boys, btw.

Zoanna said...

Marie, I just have to say how beautiful you look in these pictures, so young and happy to a mother. I know you're discouraged and this is not the scenario you had hoped for. I won't give you any pat answers. I'll just tell you I love you, I'm praying for you, for Donny, the other kiddoes, the twins, the grandparents, all ya'll. Your babies are so adorable, as you know, AND they're in great Hands wherever they are.

In addition to praying, how can I help you? Want visitors? Laundry done? Errands run? Jokes told? (No, you know my jokes and they stink worse than diapers.)

The Lord is your strength. Is anything too difficult for HIM?